22 April 2012

Ciudad Real MTB Open: Villarrubia de los Ojos

Date: April 22, 2012
Time: 9:30
Distance: 40 kms

Once Sunday again, GARVÍA BIKE – CENTRO TIR drove to Villarrubia de los Ojos to race in the Ciudad Real MTB Open.

40 kilometers and more than 1100 ascent meters are data enough to know how hard the race was.
It was going to be a great day to test the Hygia brakes.
Definitely, the only relax time was going to be on the starting line.

During the week, I was analyzing the track and I knew that it was very difficult. However, I am preparing myself for the 101 kms in Ponferrada next week and I trained hard during the days before the race.

Maybe, I was a bit tired, but my aim has not been modified at all: Win and ride hard till the end.

The race started riding fast with GARVÍA BIKE – CENTRO TIR in the first position.
The up hills were guided by me, but the first down hills was dangerous enough to drive carefully.

In the latest up hill, I felt more tired than usually and I was not able to ride close to the first classified. Fortunately, Victory Endurace Pump Gel provided me the energy enough to reduce distances.

I finished as 2nd classified of the main ranking and as 2nd classified of my category (Master 30).


As usually, a lot of photographs were taken by my father (manager).

Finally, despite of the hard trainings during the week, I had very good feelings during the race.

Special thanks to Fisaude that helped me to recover myself with its great products during the post-race time.

 
GARVÍA BIKE ©