25 March 2012

Coslada MTB Race 2012

Date: March 25, 2012
Time: 11:00
Distance: 15 kms (7 laps to a circuit)

Despite of the daylight saving time, it was not needed to wake up early this MTB-race-weekend. In Coslada (Madrid), my neighbour town, everything was ready for its classical race. The short and tricky circuit was really funny, riding among the trees and narrow paths.

The race was based on 7 laps to the circuit. Every lap consisted in 3 short but hard up hills, 3 fast down hills and a couple of fast tracks to recover energy or to continue riding hard (depending on you).

The last year I achieved a clear victory, but it was going to be more difficult this time. A lot of good bikers in the starting line.

As always, we could also have a nice conversation time with Felipe (CDE Karacol), Iván Damiani (Bicicletas Salchi), David Carrizo, Alberto Wolf, Enrique (Bicis Alcalá).

With no doubt, GARVÍA BIKE – CENTRO TIR was going to have a hard race to try to be in the podium. As usually and being faithful with the team style, we were not going to negotiate neither the ambition nor the effort from the beginning till the end.
In the first position of the starting line, the race start very fast (as every race!) and we set a group of 5 bikers. I ride in the 4th place, but at the end of the first lap I have problems with my front derailleur I lose one place. Fortunately, my mechanical skills were good enough to do not waste too much time. So, I quickly link myself with the head of the race to place in the 2nd place.
 
The laps are elapsing and I continue riding in the 2nd place near from the first biker.
In my 4th lap, I decrease my own pace and the first biker takes some advantage. 30 seconds are the difference between him and me, but GARVÍA BIKE – CENTRO TIR never gives up.
 
The encouragement of the audience and data provided by my supporters are the main reason to increase my pace again. I reduce the distance amazingly to finish in the 2nd place, a couple of seconds after first classified, who knew how to profit from his initial advantage and to deal with the pressure of GARVÍA BIKE – CENTRO TIR. Congratulations!
My most sincere thanks go to my parents, sister and Julito who supported me, provided reliable race data and took a lot of photographs. All of them made possible Sunday’s success.

More photographs in the new GARVÍA BIKE gallery
 

 
GARVÍA BIKE ©