10 March 2012

XVII European University race in Madrid

Date: March 10, 2012
Time: 11:00
Distance: 30 kms (3 laps of 10 kms)

Around 200 riders were in the European Madrid University to run in its traditional race.
This is the third time that GARVÍA BIKE – CENTRO TIR comes to race. This time, we were stronger and with more experience than the previous years. We will ride hard to be in the top.

The starting line was plenty of high qualified and known riders, such as Israel Chica.

The race starts riding very fast. Israel wants to go alone, but a couple of riders follow him very close. We enter in a narrow path. Placed in the third position and I notice how Israel is going away, so I increase my pace to ride close to him. GARVÍA BIKE – CENTRO TIR is riding hard and do not want to make it easy to the CrossBiker Team rider.
In the second lap, I place myself in the head of the race. I manage the race as I like, setting my pace. 
However, during the third lap, my persecutor attacks and goes some meters away, which I could not recover to keep my first position.
With a high average speed (29,9 km/h), I finished in the 2nd place and with the feeling of having received the award for the hard training.
 
 
 Congratulations to Israel Chica that ran faster than me to be in a higher level on the podium.
As usually, my manager was brilliant helping in the race organization and providing me the data about the race. Photographs were taken by him, too.

 
GARVÍA BIKE ©