11 March 2012

Madrid MTB Open: Villa del Prado

Date: March 11, 2012
Time: 11:00
Distance: 24 kms (4 laps of 6 kms)

After the effort of the day before race, we move to Villa del Prado (Madrid) to take part of the second round of the MTB Madrid Open and to try to improve our 5th position in the Main Championship Ranking.

Many familiar faces as Brígido Rubio, Felipe Sanchidrían (Karacol Sport), Julián and family (CDEC El Pinchazo), Sergio López and Nacho Vara (Golpe de Pedal), Antonio Matamoros (Bicicletas Salchi) and Javier & Yago Sardina (Rotor Racing & Development Team).

The race was based on 4 laps. The circuit was definitely designed for MTB bikers by MTB bikers. It has several tricky paths to ride among big stones, a bit dangerous down hills with almost no grip and hard up hills to test our climbing strength.

Together with more experienced bikers, GARVÍA BIKE – CENTRO TIR was very nervous at the starting line. We wanted to start to race soon to do our best in our debut in the MTB Madrid Open!
I started riding among the top ten riders. I felt strong while climbing, but I had two falls in the first down hills due to my nerves. I calmed down and continue riding hard to recover the lost positions.
 
After that, I recovered the trust on me and started to ride precise and hard.
At the beginning of the second lap I felt really good, but at mid-lap I cut my rear tyre and should come back home before than I expected. It was really frustrating, but this kind of things usually happens in races.
As we always say in BIKE – CENTRO TIR: “There is no time to look for justifications. That’s racing!”

This time, a mechanical failure would end our race, because neither the previous day’s effort, nor the initial bad feelings would be enough to spoil the team’s performance.

Definitely, GARVÍA BIKE – CENTRO TIR is more than a Mountain Bike Racing Team: Is the effort to improve ourselves and sports passion.

Special thanks to my father (and manager) that help me in every race, in every bike fixing and in every strategy we plan for the races.

GARVÍA BIKE – CENTRO TIR is a team and every success is only possible due to the work of all us: Sponsors, Supporters, Manager and me. Thank you very much for being part of the project.

 
GARVÍA BIKE ©